Have you ever dreamed of starting your own business?
You might think that it’s out of your reach, but it is not, because with 21st century technologies pretty much anyone can start a business.
Selling print-on-demand t-shirts is one of the easiest ways to get started with dropshipping. Here are 5 reasons why you should do it…
What is print-on-demand?
Dropshipping is a business model where the seller runs the store and markets and sells the products while the manufacturer produces and stores said products and ships them to customers.
Print-on-demand is a form of dropshipping that allows you to create a unique design, print it on products (it can be anything from t-shirts to mugs), and sell those products to the customers through your online store.
T-shirt are the most popular print-on-demand item. After all, everyone needs them, and people love wearing apparel with cool designs! You can sell print on demand t-shirts with Printify.
Why should you launch your print-on-demand t-shirt business?
Okay, so now that you know what print-on-demand business is, the question is why should you start one?
- Low-risk. There’s pretty much no risk involved in dropshipping because the product only gets made when the customer has paid for it. You only pay the fulfillment company a percentage from each product that you actually sell.
- Low-investment. You only need a little bit of money to get started with print-on-demand t-shirts. You will have to pay for a domain name, for a Shopify account, and for Facebook ads, but that’s pretty much it (unless, of course, you are not artistically inclined and can’t create the designs yourself, because then you’ll also have to pay for design). You can get started with less than $100!
- Work from anywhere. All you need to run a print-on-demand t-shirt business is a computer and an Internet connection. Yes, this means that you can work from home, but that’s not all! “Home” can be anywhere. Buenos Aires, Paris, Tokyo… You can travel the world while making money!
- Set your own hours. Do you know that the standard 9-5 workday was meant for factory workers doing mindless repetitive work? It simply doesn’t work well for people who are in cognitively demanding occupations. Some of us produce our best work early in the morning, meanwhile some of us produce our best work late at night, so how does it make sense for everyone to work the same hours? It doesn’t! However, running your own business allows you to set your own schedule, and be much productive!
- Make decent money! Yes, jobs might be less risky than running a business (although even that is highly questionable in the current economy), but they also have a salary ceiling that you won’t be able to surpass no matter what you do. Meanwhile, when you run your own business, you don’t have this problem, because you can grow your revenue as much as you want. Moreover, you can also sell your business for 20x-30x the monthly revenue, which is a lot of money. Can you imagine a life where you don’t have to worry about money anymore? Well, if you can manage to build a successful busines, it could become your reality!
So let’s recap. A print-on-demand t-shirt business is low-risk, low-investment opportunity that, if everything works out, could provide you with a life where you can travel the world, work wherever and whenever you want, and make a lot of money. The question is… What are you waiting for?
It’s great that you are excited about print-on-demand t-shirts, but keep in mind that this excitement will fade, and there will be times when you will want to quit. After all, it takes a lot of hard work to get a business off the ground, and you probably won’t be able to replace the income from your job in less than a year. Can you persevere for that long?
Are you okay with your 9-5 office job, 4 weeks vacation every year, and your current salary? If so, then there’s probably not much point launching your own business, because if you don’t want it badly enough you are not going to last.
However, if you are sick and tired of your current situation, then by all means, commit to entrepreneurship. No one can change your life but you!