There’s a saying that goes like this: “If you don’t know what you’re doing, don’t do too much of it!” Don’t start building a website until you have a plan in place, or at least a pretty good idea of what you want to achieve.
The next step is to select the tools you need. More specifically, you might select one of the best WordPress themes that not only has the tools you need but can inspire you to improve on your original ideas or specifications.
A top-rated theme, like any of the 12 presented in this article, can do that for you. Simply pick one of these popular WordPress themes that you feel will best suit your needs and get your 2021 project underway. The nice thing about this list is that it’s impossible to make a poor choice.
1. Be Theme
BeTheme’s size (40+ core features) and popularity (200,000 sales) are two excellent reasons to choose this, the biggest multipurpose WordPress theme of them all, for your future projects.
Still, you really need to visit the website (click on the banner) to make sure that all the tools and features you’ll need to build an award-winning website are included.
A few examples of what you’ll find:
- For ease of use, there is Muffin Builder, Be’s drag and drop visual page builder
- For ultimate flexibility, you have the Admin Panel, Shortcode Library, and Shortcode Generator, plus the Header Builder and a host of grid, header, and footer options
- The most popular core feature of all is Be’s library of 600+ customizable pre-built websites. They covering all the popular industry sectors and website types, and any of these modern and trendy pre-built websites will get your project off to a fast start and provide the foundation for an unbeatable UX.
And for those instances when you wish to build a page from scratch, Be’s Layout Generator will get you started.
2. Total Theme
A good example of excellence in design is when a reasonably complex WordPress theme is quite easy to set up and use, and Total fits that description nicely. In addition, this trend setting multipurpose theme is crazy-fast and super-flexible.
In short, it could be just what you’ve been looking for.
- Total’s website-building features and functions you don’t intend to use won’t get in your way since you can disable them to speed up your workflow.
- Thanks to Total’s Dynamic Template feature, you’ll have no trouble customizing your layouts to precisely match your design needs.
- You’ll have even greater flexibility to work with thanks to the Theme Customizer with which you can adjust fonts, colors, section widths, etc., to meet your specifications.
- WPBakery ensures easy page building and editing
- There are also selections of trendy demos and page-building modules to help you along.
Click on the banner to learn more.
3. Avada Theme
Another WordPress theme with an impressive sales record is Avada. “Impressive” is an understatement, since Avada is the #1 best-selling popular theme of all time, having benefited more than 450,000 users.
As remarkable as that seems, you still need to make sure this theme has the features you’re looking for to fit your needs.
Here are a few key things Avada brings to the table:
- For ease in website building and to eliminate any need for coding there’s the drag and drop Fusion Builder, Fusion Page Options, and Fusion Theme Options. This trio will significantly speed up your workflow.
- Avada’s generous selections of pre-built websites, one-click imported demos, and trendy design elements provide plenty of help and inspiration.
- Avada’s authors continuously strive to improve. You will get free lifetime updates and excellent customer support if and when you might need it.
Click on the banner to explore Avada’s features in detail.
TheGem, called by more than a few the ultimate WordPress toolbox, features everything you’ll likely need to create a super-attractive, high performance website.
- For beginners, there are 400+ beautiful pre-built websites and templates addressing virtually any website type or purpose
- Two industry-leading frontend page builders are included: Elementor and WPBakery
- There are selections of WooCommerce templates & features for online shops
- And TheGem Blocks, with its 300+ pre-designed section templates designed to speed up your workflow
Its 80.000 sales places Uncode firmly in the list of WordPress theme best sellers. This theme is especially suitable for small business, creative, and blogging websites.
- A favorite feature is the powerful WooCommerce Custom Builder that you can put into play to build a site that offers a first-class UX.
- Uncode’s “must see” feature is its showcase of entertaining, informative, and inspirational user-built websites.
Using a specialty theme always provides users with the best experience of designing and building their website as well as an optimized performance when running the business.
MaxCoach is such a theme, and is a best choice for creating a personal online learner-centric education platform.
- Courses, curriculums, quizzes, and tests are easily to set up.
- Professional user progress and teacher profile management are optimized.
Especially, the responsive Elementor drag and drop page builder speeds up the platform-building workflow.
7. Rey Theme
Rey isn’t just a WooCommerce theme. It’s the WooCommerce theme for WordPress, as it features:
- WooCommerce and Elementor integrations and specialized WooCommerce tools
- Built in SVG support
- A valuable selection of professionally-designed templates
Rey is SEO, user, and developer friendly. Click on the banner to find out more about this impressive WooCommerce theme.
Aurum is a minimalist shopping theme that can be used for a variety of shopping websites. It is especially suitable for creating bookstore, boutique, jewelry, and fashionable clothing stores.
- Aurum’s compatibility with UberMenu is a blessing for shopping sites that feature large and varied inventories that require the use of mega-menus.
- Many premium plugins are also included, such as: Slider Revolution, Layer Slider, Advanced Custom Fields PRO, WPBakery Page Builder etc.
- Pages are fast loading and 100% responsive for all screen sizes.
Aurum is compatible with all the popular WordPress plugins, and includes several free of cost.
KnowAll is by far the most popular knowledge base theme for WordPress.
- Customers can access KnowAll 24/7
- They don’t have to call or wait to get the answers to their questions
- KnowAll’s actionable analytics and search features enable them to get the relevant information they need
- Customer support teams no longer have to waste time providing answers to repetitive questions
KnowAll will make FAQ pages relics of earlier times.
Pofo was highly popular in 2020 and it is a top choice for 2021 as well. It’s an excellent theme for building blogging, portfolio, and creative sites, and online stores.
- The selection of custom shortcodes together with the WordPress Customizer gives users plenty of flexibility
- A selection of popular premium plugins is included together with a host of trendy demo pages, home pages, and pre-built elements
- Pofo’s users can expect excellent customer support
It would pay to give Hongo some careful consideration if you are planning on building company, blogging, or WooCommerce-oriented websites.
- Hongo’s features include excellent selections of creative design elements, templates, and store demos
- Quick view, compare, filters, and wish list are just a few of Hongo’s many product features
- There is also a free selection of popular plugins
This next generation theme is fast, flexible, and SEO friendly.
A glance at its website building features might suggest that if you just press a button XStore does all the work for you. That’s because this WooCommerce theme does much of the heavy lifting, with its:
- 100+ good-to-go shops
- full Ajax shop
- Product page builder, product features, and design aids
- $500+ worth of plugins
This is a pretty good deal for just $39.
The ability to put together an engaging, high-performance website can be difficult to do unless the right tools are at hand. In the world of WordPress the right tools tend to be the top-of-the line themes – like the 12 described in this article.
Select one of these awesome WordPress themes that would seem to be a best fit for your needs (more than one would likely qualify). Then you should have no problem building a stunning website that offers a visitor-friendly UX.
As far as “best fit” is concerned, don’t worry too much about it. You really can’t make a bad choice among these 12 top WordPress themes.