Today, almost every organization in the world is more prone to cybersecurity threats than ever before. Due to the presence of more sophisticated hacking tools, company resources are exposed to serious data breaches and systematic hacks, a trend that is only going to increase in the coming years. This means that a generalized approach to information security is no longer sufficient to provide security from sophisticated threats and smarter criminals. This has led to a gigantic boom in demand for experts in the cybersecurity field who can fulfill the security demands of the organization.
To meet the growing demand for cybersecurity professionals, several reputed organizations have developed certifications that will help a professional showcase their skills in cybersecurity implementation. This article will discuss the most sought-after certifications in the network security domain and help you identify the best Cybersecurity certification course for crafting your career.
What is Cybersecurity Certification
Cybersecurity (computer security or information security) refers to the practice of protecting computers, data, and networks from theft, loss, damage, or unauthorized access. Nowadays, tools and techniques are aplenty to ensure safety in Cyberspace. Businesses, associations, and individuals can get “certified” in these specific cybersecurity practices and techniques. Several certifications exist in this sector, rolled out by different regulatory boards and international groups around the world. If businesses or professionals get certified in a certain Cybersecurity domain, they can showcase their skillset more easily and attract better clients and job prospects.
The Best Cybersecurity Certification Course in the world
Identifying the best Cybersecurity Certification course is a daunting task as there are so many attractive options to choose from. Let us look at the most sought-after credentials in the Information Security domain
1. CompTIA Security+ Certification
CompTIA Security+ certification is meant for professionals who have started their IT careers to help them gain expertise in the key areas to make sure that the systems are safe and sound.
The certification is globally valid, and any individual who has successfully completed this certification program is deemed capable of comprehending and implementing the best IT Security practices.
The professional should possess a valid degree in Information Technology
2 years of networking experience is preferred but not mandatory
Completing Network+ certification is recommended before attempting Security+ certification.
- Threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities
- Technologies and Tools
- Risk management
- Architecture and Design
- Identifying and Access Management
Between $43,450 to $96,840
2. SSCP – Systems Security Certified Practitioner
The Systems Security Certified Practitioner course will familiarize participants with the security strategies a business organization must implement to protect their data and assets and safeguard and manage the organization’s sensitive information.
- Ideally, the person should have some work experience Information Systems field – more specifically in Information Security
- Must have Practical knowledge of information security practices
- At least one year of full-time experience in information security
- All Access-Control-related policies
- Implementation of security operations
- Ways to continuously monitor the system access results
- Countermeasures for threats like virus attacks, trojan horses, logic bombs, etc.
Between $62,300 to $94,600
3. CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
With the help of the Certified Information systems security professionals course, the individual will get exposure to different security concerns and methods to deal with them in a professional manner. The individual will be able to implement standard practices.
- The individual must have at least 5 years of full-time work experience in Identity and Access Management or in security engineering.
- Attend the CISSP certification exam and get at least 700 marks out of 1000.
- Post completing the certification exam, you must get endorsed by the ISC Code of Ethics.
- Working knowledge of Information security topics
- An advantage in interviews.
- Access to a wide network of industry and subject matter experts in the security domain.
Between $73,627 to $111,600
4. CISA: Certified Information Systems Auditor
The individual completing this certification will possess the required skills to handle the entire governance of the IT team of an organization. They will be involved in the processes of acquisition, development, testing, implementation, etc., of information security systems of the organization.
- Suitable for individuals already employed in the information security domain, such as IT compliance managers or Chief compliance officers
- The professional must have 5 years or more of full-time Information security work experience.
- The Audit process of Information security systems.
- Lessons to govern and control the entire IT environments
- Intricate details of an organization’s information systems Audit process
- Entire information systems implementation.
Between $57,800 to $125,600
5. CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
The certification is meant for individuals to show their expertise in IS Audit, as well as the control and security aspects of an Information security workspace.
- At least 5 years of full-time Certified Information Systems work experience.
- Professionals should occupy a managerial position and must be managing the whole information security process.
- A certified individual will be seen as a skilled resource in Information security
- The certification is recognized worldwide
- Shows a passion for information security subjects
- Be a part of a global network of Information security experts
Between $57,800 to $245,600
So, which of these is the best Cybersecurity certification course for you? Choose your Cybersecurity career path basedon your eligibility, experience and qualification and the details given in this article as a reference.
Is a cybersecurity certification worth it?
A survey by (ISC)² discovered that 70 percent of cybersecurity professionals in the US were asked by their employers to get a certification. Moreover, security certification comes with a salary boost of upto $18,000. Another study by the Bureau of Labour Statistics shows that the Job outlook of CYbersecurity experts is predicted to grow by 33 percent in the decade between 2020 and 2030. So clearly, if you take the best Cybersecurity Certification Course, you may appear as a more attractive prospect to recruiters and hiring managers.