In today’s world, a great business model and an excellent product aren’t always enough. With so many companies offering the same services and products, it’s easy to get lost in a sea of competition. So how do you prevent that from happening? Here’s what you can do to make your business stand out in 2021.
Create Unique Advertisements
Advertising has always been a way to sell your business, and in recent times, the options have only gone up. Here are some ideas for eye-catching advertising.
- Have custom tote bags or reusable grocery bags made with your business name or logo. If you hand them out to customers you’ll have a walking advertisement for your business.
- Put your logo on common items like sponges, socks, and custom candles.
- Stick with branding useful items that people won’t mind having a logo on. This way they’ll see it all the time but won’t be annoyed.
- Have stickers made that have your logo, but also have another element that people will enjoy. A nice sticker could end up anywhere.
- Do some research on businesses similar to yours and see what they’ve chosen to do. This might give you some ideas about what works best.
The goal is to create advertisements that don’t feel like they’re selling you something. A subtle placement can attract more interest than an obvious one. Just be sure to fully check your design… the last thing you want is a design fail!
Build A Strong Social Media Presence
Social media is the best form of advertising we have today. Here are a few suggestions to make sure you’re using it in the most beneficial way.
- Create social media accounts for your business.
- Post engaging content.
- Find popular social media figures you can sponsor to talk about your business or one of your products/services.
- Create unique hashtags your followers can use to talk about your business.
- Post reviews from real customers with links to their social media. This way, people will know it’s a genuine review.
- Do contests or giveaways to drive traffic to your page.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to social media. Do some experimenting and see what works best for you.
Go Above And Beyond
Customers appreciate it when you do more than is necessary. It makes your business stand out in their mind. Here are a few places to start.
- Offer a guarantee. Promise your customers that if something is wrong, you’ll make it right for them.
- Provide excellent customer service agents who know what they’re doing.
- Offer refunds or returns if your customer isn’t satisfied with a product. You’ll get bonus points if it’s no questions asked.
- Encourage and welcome customer feedback. The people who support your business and buy your products can offer valuable feedback and advice.
- Make the experience unique. Use custom packaging, include a thank you note, whatever you can think of to make it a pleasant experience that stands out.
- Market to employees along with customers. Your employees are the people who sell your brand, so make sure they’re on board.
People will remember the extra effort you put into their experience and will be more likely to recommend your business.
Tell Your Story
When there are a hundred different options, why should the customer choose you? Tell them the unique story of why you’re doing what you do.
- Tell people why your company is different.
- Have a mission statement or brand goal that stands out.
- Make yourself relatable to your customers.
- Give them a face to associate with the business.
People are more likely to trust a business when they know who’s behind it. Pull back the curtain whenever possible.
If you put these ideas into practice this year, your company is sure to stand out from the crowd.