I am glad to announce the first group writing project on Designer Daily. This will hopefuly end up with a variety of great design articles as well as give you an opportunity to connect with other designers and bloggers. There is also plenty of prizes out there, so don’t miss the chance. Please read the article before submitting anything.
To help getting the word out about the contest, please Digg, Stumble, Delicious or Float this article. Don’t hesitate to also mention it on Twitter (and follow me there). Subscribe to Designer Daily’s feed (or by email) to be updated about the group writing project.
Design and designers you love.
How to participate?
Write a blog post on a piece of design or a designer that you like on your blog and link back to Designer Daily before the 31st of October 2008. You will then be part of the random winner picking.
Examples of topics
- Write about your favourite font
- If you are a designer, introduce a piece of work you are proud of
- Write about the design of your favourite gadget
- Review a good design book
- The article must be new and written for the contest.
- Write at least a 100 words, just pictures won’t make it, we want to hear your opinion.
- Mention the contest and link back to Designer Daily.
- You can write in any language.
- You are more than welcome to link to other participants posts and sponsors (not mandatory).
- When your post is written, drop me a line with the link at mirkohumbert[at]gmail[dot]com or through the comments of the current post. This is important, if you don’t do it I might miss your post.
- The winners will be chosen randomly using a random number generator.
- If you don’t have a blog, you can send me your article (mirkohumbert[at]gmail[dot]com) and it will be published on Designer Daily if accepted.
The winner will chose his price in the following list, the second will chose in what’s left after the first choice, and so on…
- A copy of Trek: recent work by David Carson by Hasan Saleem of Templates Factory and DirJournal.
- A copy of Helvetica: The Movie by myself.
- Advertising space (125×125 px) on the Group Writing Project blog, by Jacob Share. (2 prizes)
- 75$ to spend on ThemeForest or FlashDen, by Collis Ta’eed.
- 1 copy of “How to Be a Rockstar Freelancer” eBook from Rockable Press, by Collis Ta’eed (don’t forget to subscribe to FreelanceSwitch).
- 250 business cards, by Uprinting, your partner for business cards printing. (4 prizes)
- A premium wordpress theme by Daniel Scocco of Daily Blog Tips. (2 prizes)
Please note, if you want to sponsor this contest and be added in the above list, please contact me (mirkohumbert[at]gmail[dot]com). Internet goods or book sponsorships are accepted, as well as anything else related to design.
31st of October 2008 extended until the 15th of November 2008
1st of November 2008 16th of November 2008
- The Alchemy Goods Urban Messenger Bag by Peter Bihr.
- A few things we can learn from Andy Warhol by Pixel Pixie.
- La Gruyère insolite… by Ronald Sautebin.
- Beer commercials: From the men in beige to the Man in Black by Kate.
- Design and Designers That Inspire by Aaron Michael Irizarry.
- 3 sexy journal designs by Kyle Steed.
- My 5 women web designer heros by Kat Neville.
- Paper Inspirations by Lauren Marie.
- The New is Definitely NOT the old! by Netter Report.
- Christopher David Ryan by Mitternacht.
- Hooray Cardboard Furnishings by Will Anderson.
- It’s such a creative logo by Angie Bowen.
- My Daily Dose of Imagery by Ken Dyment.
- Logitech MX500 – ancestor to Revolution by Rarst.
- Type in Québec city by Ni Hao Ma girl.
- FREY WILLE, or Amazingly Designed Jewelry by Anca Foster.
- Font we LOVE by Mohd Rafie.
- “We made history” by Lyonel Kaufmann.
- Apple’s MacBook laptops are a perfect design study? by Cory O’Brien.
- Crazy like a fish by Julia Spangler.
- Rui Vieira Photography & Design by Audee Mirza.
- Street spirit, Belgrade CityScape by Danica Radovanovic.
- 11 Most Interesting Pre-Launch Group Writing Project Logos by Jacob Share.